lessons from my MBA

I have big news for you, ladies.

On Saturday night at 5:00 p.m., I officially finished my last class of the MBA program!!! Hooray!!!

The best way to celebrate? Lots of ice cream, creme brulee, and triple chocolate mousse cake.

And the most amazing graduation gift in the entire world from my parents.

A big-girl camera! It was the best gift I could have imagined. They know how much I love to blog and take pictures…so this is the next step in getting better at photography.

And look at these flowers. My mom’s friend, Shirley, did this (and the flowers in the first picture) – she has a professional gardening business and produces the most gorgeous flower arrangements.

The MBA was the biggest whirlwind experience of my life. Just one short year ago, I started the MBA program as a freshly-graduated twenty year old hoping to learn a whole lot more about business, make some great friends, and enjoy the process. It’s amazing to reflect back on how much things have changed, and how far things have come, since last August when everything began.

I learned a lot about business, and I was inspired more than I ever thought possible. I met sooo many great friends, and the memories I’ve made will last a lifetime. From rooming with them in Singapore and Hong Kong in January to watching one of them walk down the aisle last month, I feel so grateful for the people I’ve met and the connections I’ve made.

I thought it was only fitting to do one last MBA Lesson of the Week for my last few days of school…only this time, it’s “Lessons from my MBA.”

I hope you’ve had an amazing weekend!

21 Responses to lessons from my MBA

1. congrats on the new camera — I love mine…still don’t know all the uses yet but Im learning bit by bit

2. Congrats on graduating. Love those lessons especially no.2. I am so in love with my Nikon….. so lovely. ENJOY!

3. Meg says:

that sounds like a delicious way to celebrate ending your MBA. and what a lovely gift!! congrats on finishing, next graduating!!

4. Congrats to you!!!!

Sounds like it was a wonderful experience & you truly learned some great lessons – love the part about making strategic bets on yourself!! And I’m totally laughing about the hunky guys part cuz biz school is where I met Mark, my hubby! haha!

have fun with the camera!

5. Yahoo!! Congratulations! My husband and I are Nikon fans! We have a D200. You are going to have so much fun with your new camera!

6. Morgan says:

“ice cream, creme brulee, and triple chocolate mousse cake….” i’ll come celebrate with you! 🙂 Congrats!

7. Priscilla Saravia says:

I’m so happy for you Star. I love the white pillows in the back in your second picture. excited to see pics with your new cam. Congratulations!!!!!

8. I love your tidbits on life lessons learned through your MBA. I agree…don’t sit on the sidelines and don’t be too scared to go for it. Great inspiration from you today.
    P.S. Congrats on your graduation!

9. congrats on finishing your MBA! that is such an amazing accomplishment. i can’t wait to see all your new photos using your big-girl camera!

10. Gloria says:

Congrats on getting your MBA!!! I absolutely LOVE your lessons – they’re really striking a chord with me at this time in my life. Thank you so much for sharing 🙂

CONGRATS! That is soooo exciting! And what a wonderful gift! Wow.

Congrats on finishing the MBA. Such a terrific accomplishment. I’m so swooning over your “big girl” camera!

13. What an accomplishment… you deserve to celebrate! Can’t wait to see what you capture with your new camera!

14. Deila says:

hooray, and congrats. It will be tough to find the Mr Darcy that can keep up with you! Smart girl.

15. Congratulations… on everything!! I hope I’ll have the same type of enthusiasm once I finish school with all those great memories to back it up. : ) Love your #3 lesson!

16. Luisa says:

Congratulations on the camera!
    I totally agree with all the lessons you learned from your MBA. All three of them.

Beautiful blog you have here.. maybe you could come visit me too sometime.

Many blessings!!

mustbeliberating.blogspot.com

17. Congratulations!! That is so exciting! You will have such a blast with your new camera!
    =)

18. heather j says:

Somehow I missed this Star…congrats on finishing! It’s a great accomplishment. And I’m totally jealous of your new camera. Have fun with it.

19. Pingback: Big News Update | Star Hughes Living

20. mary says:

Great lessons! And many congrats to you, my dear! 🙂

21. Pilar says:

great advice! i just came to your blog for the first time and i’m so glad i did, you have a lovely place here 🙂