smile list: part one

Sometimes when things get so busy, and so stressful, and just a little bit overwhelming, all that you want to do is look at pretty pictures and focus on the things that make you smile.

I’ve been a little bit stressed out lately…which is why I felt the need to make this list! And also why I’m so sorry that I haven’t been very good at stopping by your blogs or writing you back in the last week. I’m slowly making up for lost time!

A balloon ride to Paris…just like the movie Up but to an even more romantic location. I want to go!

I’m going to have dreams about this dress. It’s like a fairy princess.

This might be my favorite color in the world. So pretty!

I might adopt this piggy as Riley’s new companion.

Watercolors and antique books. Love.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

23 Responses to smile list: part one

1. i sometimes feel the same way – not sure of the next step or what the future holds. thats what your 20s are for though, right? =) these are such pretty images – especially the paris “balloon ride” one!

2. Ha, I can relate. 🙂

Someone recently said to me, “You’re tightly wound, aren’t you?!” And then I heard this great piece in the movie “How Do You Know” and felt a little better.

“The reason that I never talked marriage to you is because I couldn’t stand to see you , the “princess of worry”, weighted down by me and my limited prospects. Because I get your worrying, and I know that a lot of people think that that’s a bad thing about you, but I know that its because you have a great big heart, and I love you for it. And then, I started to worry about what would happen to you […] if [you] wound up with someone, you know, someone who thought that your worry was, you know, neurotic […] someone who didn’t get you, who wanted you to feel bad about yourself, you know, or wanted to make you be more normal of a person, or wanted you to change, like yourself more, you know, who didn’t love all of you, who didn’t want to leave great enough alone. And I thought that I could do all of that for you. That could be a legitimate function for me in your life.”

3. Priscilla Saravia says:

Hi star, I feel that same way too, I’m a young mother and sometimes I feel sad and confused. I can tell by your blog your parents love you and care for you and that is so great. You have to wind down, you’ve done so much lately.You’re so young yet you’ve accomplished more that other people your age have. Do you ever feel like doing culinary arts?? I don’t know why I ask that , but anyway, I try to live by this verse “Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life”

Thank you so much Priscilla for such a sweet comment!! I actually was debating whether to do culinary school or law school this year. So funny. I feel like you know me so well! Thank you so much for your thoughtful comment!

4. Sara says:

Sometimes I feel the same way too. Pretty pictures (and new shoes) always make me feel better too! And ice cream! Don’t forget the ice cream!

5. liz says:

There are two types of people – one who worry about the future and the other who doesn’t age has little to do with it. I remember freaking out about this from the time I was like 5. And it is still no better or worse and I still have no clue! I wonder if this will ever change!

6. Zabdy says:

I love your smile list! That dress is so dreamy…

Hang in there, you’re a beautiful girl with many talents, just face these worries with a beautiful smile. P.S. One of my favorite songs I listen to in times where I’m overwhelmed is: My Favorite Things by Julie Andrews. Wishing you the best!

Love love loving these pins! Those balloons are fabulous! Yes… I get so stressed & so overwhelmed sometimes! I feel it and hear from those around me. Just smile and take one thing at a time (much easier said than done, i know!)

I’m head over heels in love with the first pic of the balloons. How awesome would that be to just float away? Sometimes when I don’t know what the next step in life should be I just don’t do anything. I sit back and eventually your next move comes to you. Good luck!

That is what I’m doing right now…just sitting back and waiting for it to come to me! Thank you so much for such great advice Jennifer. I can’t tell you how much it helps!

9. Life is full of some many difficulties isn’t it? It doesn’t matter our age, there are always hard decisions to make. Just try to relax, spend some time in the outdoors, pray and eventually the right choice will come to you and you will be confident in your decision!

10. Emmy Rho says:

I love all these pictures! They are making me smile today too! Thanks for sharing!

I am often confused about where to go next in life as well. I am only 23 but very confused what what me next steps are..so you are not alone!

xo
    -Emmy

11. Katie*Belle says:

I so admire your attitude! I love that when you’re stressed you turn to things that make you smile. I’m sure things will work out and you’ll get a feel for your direction soon. I have a hard time stepping back and letting things happen — but things really will fall into place!

12. You have so much going on right now, it’s ok to be a little stressed! You’re a smart young lady so I know you will figure it all out! 🙂 Keep us posted on how law school is going.

13. You will make the most beautiful bride someday! In a princess gown no doubt!