a justin bieber birthday

Thank you all so much for your sweet birthday wishes yesterday! I’m sure my 21st birthday was just a little bit tamer than most!

A big pancake breakfast with my family. Relaxing outside in the warm weather while reading Bethenny Frankel’s A Place of Yes. My eighth to last MBA class ever. A Justin Bieber-themed birthday, clad with these amazing party decorations:

And the highlight?

The THREE-HOUR finale of The Bachelorette! And she picked my guy! Yay!!!

Sounds pretty wild, huh?

Because I don’t drink – and have never had a sip of alcohol in my life (never will!) – this birthday wasn’t as big of a deal to me as it might be to most. I’m a little bit of a goody two shoes, and I have no plans to change! I’ve actually never even been to a traditional party. My version of a party is a group of girls getting manis/pedis and watching The Notebook with a few pounds of See’s candies.

My only experience in a bar atmosphere was in Hong Kong over my study abroad class this January…and my experience was so scarring that I ended up taking a taxi back to the hotel almost immediately (with two fellow MBAs in the back seat, extremely drunk, and all over each other) as I attempted to direct the Chinese taxi driver to our hotel. He couldn’t speak a word of English. I made it back to the hotel, put on my sweats, and had a blast dancing around the room to Britney Spears by myself. That’s me for you!

This birthday was no different – with my Britney Spears music, Justin Bieber birthday plates, and a big slab of cheesecake, it was the perfect 21st birthday and reflects exactly who I am.

Thank you all SO much for the birthday wishes!

XO Star

39 Responses to a justin bieber birthday

I love Justin Beiber! What a fun birthday! You definitely do not need alcohol to have fun and good for you for making a personal choice not to drink…much better for your body and skin in the long run anyway ๐Ÿ™‚ A mani/pedi party with pounds of chocolate sounds like a blast to me too!

2. That sounds like my kind of birthday Star! Manis, pedis, candy, cheesecake, Justin Beiber! Screech Maybe not Justin! LOL

I think it takes a special person not to follow the crowd and be an individual. You’re to be admired for that. I didn’t follow the crowd but decided that drinking was a lot of fun but now, that I’m older, I don’t think so much.

(Wait till you get to my age and then it is definitely just another number! Enjoy all those ’20’ years as they will fly by. Would love to send you a little card but respect your privacy if you don’t want to share your address.)

3. Ana says:

Star, you are such a beautiful example of what girls should be like. Good for you! I enjoy every single one of your posts and this one made me smile wide.
    xo

4. Star, you have such a great head on your shoulders!!! It is amazing! Your birthday sounds wonderful. My birthdays would be considered tame as would me and my friends but we have more fun than the hard core party people and we stay safe and don’t harm ourselves in the process! You don’t drugs or alcohol to have fun!

5. I’m a Britney fan too! (Three concerts and the t-shirts to prove it!) Do you agree that “Femme Fatale” isn’t as good as “Circus”?!

Thanks Leslie!! I truly can’t pick which Britney CD is my favorite…I’m even still hung up on her old music! I was blasting “Oops I did it again” on my way to school this week! haha

Happy Birthday Star! With the maturity in your writing I would have never guessed you were just 21! That’s a compliment by the way:) Your Justin party looked awesome.

7. Natalie says:

that sounds PERFECT to me. I have been to many a bar, and they just don’t quite suit my fancy. It is where friends like to go, but my idea of the best Happy Hour is 4 p.m. at Extraordinary Desserts! I always say that my version of alcohol is dessert!

And I had to crack up at the discription of the taxi ride… I was with you remember, haha!

Omg I know!!! Thank goodness you were with me, I don’t know what I would’ve done! Maybe just started crying! haha. And count me in for Extraordinary Desserts girl! Thanks for your comment!

8. Meg says:

happy belated birthday star, i’m happy to hear you had a great birthday! cheesecake is a great way to celebrate a birthday!

9. Lisa says:

Ekkkkkkk, I missed your B’day, sooo sorry. Cheesecake wishes my dear. I’m too old to be a Justin Beiber fan. I’m just saying.

Lisa x

10. YAY for jp! ๐Ÿ™‚ sounds like a great birthday to me ๐Ÿ™‚

11. Manis/pedis and watching The Notebook…. oh sounds so lovely. That is my kind of night too!!

12. Ahh, I hate that I missed your birthday! Happy 21!!! But I’m so glad to hear that you had a great day. The Bachelorette was pretty great, wasn’t it? Yay for JP! ๐Ÿ™‚

13. Morgan says:

happy belated birthday girl!!! you and i would get along really well. i’ve never really been to a real party before either! i’d much rather hang around with my friends completely sober. it’s more fun that way! ๐Ÿ™‚

14. Star, this is so great! It sounds like you had a wonderful birthday. I love that you are so comfortable with yourself & your decisions. You’re an inspiration!

15. lol about the Bachlorette! Hope you had a great time watching it! and JB is now a year older, good for Selena Gomez haha!

16. liz says:

how adorable you are!:) I feel old just reading you and I’m not even that old! Happy birthday and have many many more happier birthdays filled with music and mani-pedis.

Happy belated birthday! I think you celebrated it just right. So many people don’t even remember their 21st birthday because they partied too hard… Way to go, not drinking! I’m with you there!

18. Tang says:

Sounds like a good party! I’m not much of a “partier” either so I agree with your idea of a good party!

19. Hi sweet Star, you went and had a birthday and I didn’t even know. I wish you a happy year full of lots of goodness. Your birthday is exactly the way I love to spend mine too and the drinking thing, I totally get it. I’ve never been a drinker and I still get people asking me why. I love being able to be me and not be a crowd follower. You’re waaaay younger than me so I’m proud of you being able to be so young and be who you are. LOVE IT!

20. Biebe’s Bday! how cute is that!?
    Happy happy birthday my friend! then your present was greatly timed! lol! You sound like you had a wonderful day Im sure! ๐Ÿ˜‰ Stay true to You! sweet Star! Drinking is way over rated!~:) love ya girly! Im in for a notebook+see’s night in!