meet riley

Meet one of the most amazing men in my life: Riley.

When I turned ten, I had an insatiable need for a little, white fluffball of a dog that I could carry around in a bag just like Elle Woods did in Legally Blonde. The second I met him, I knew I had found the one. It was love at first sight.

Now, Riley was almost a Colby. It was quite the decision. You see, I always loved the name Riley – not only was the name occupied by a cute boy in my fourth grade class, but there is also a TV show called The Life of Riley. Buttttt, the year I began the adoption process, Colby Donaldson won Survivor, which happened to be my all-time favorite TV show at the time. I had a huge crush on Colby. This complicated things.

After much contemplation, my heart told me this little white fluffball was a Riley.

It fits perfect.

He has dog birthday parties.

He sleeps in a little canopy-covered crate in my room.

I think I may have an unnatural obsession/adoration/love for my little boy. Isn’t he the cutest?

28 Responses to meet riley

Ohhhh Myyyy goshhh!!! That is the cutest little rag a muffin I have ever seen!!!

XO Lindsay

2. Oh, he is so sweet looking!

3. Haha, I can relate. We threw our beagle a first birthday party with his neighborhood doggy friends. Our Christmas morning revolves around him opening his gifts. I own nothing by Coach, but his collar is by the brand. I could go on with many more examples!

But no one will ever love you like your dog, so anything and everything is worth that devoation. 🙂

4. Riley looks like such a sweet dog! I spoil my little Scruffy to no end. She’s totally the boss in my house!

5. Ana says:

So cute! I want a puppy! Happy weekend!

6. Hi Star

Ohhhhhhh, Riley is sooooo cute! I’m a real dog lover and have 2 of my own. Bonnie is a 10 yo Mini Fox Terrier Cross and Willy is an 8 yo Mini Pinscher. They’re the loves of my life (I better say after the husband and kids LOL).

You haven’t changed a bit since you were 10! Of course you’re more grown up.

Have a great weekend!

Anne @ Domesblissity

7. Heather J says:

Ah so cute.

8. Jo-Anna says:

Too cute! I can see why you adore him!
    Jo-Anna

9. jess @ balancedlibra10 says:

oh goodness! He is so cute! I had professional pictures taken with my dog too when I was 10! just me and HIM, Alone! His name was Perry, he was a Shelty! such a cute post.

10. Melissa says:

I can totally relate! I love my little (i mean big) fur-babies.

11. jamie-lee says:

wow he is such a cutie!!

12. Oh my, he IS the cutest! What an adorable little fluff ball 🙂 I love that you got pictures taken – that’s a great idea!

13. Love him! He seems so sweet, and he is very fortunate to to have so much love and attention.

14. Zabdy says:

I totally smiled throughout this whole post. I got my “fur baby” Coco Chanel 1 year ago and Marc & I love & spoil her to death! We take her to most places and she absolutely loves it! 😀

Riley is so adorable btw. & I think it’s cute you wanted professional photos with him.

P.S. Has anyone ever told you, you resemble Natalie Portman, Your are STUNNING

15. Katie*Belle says:

So cute! And I don’t think you should ever feel bad for loving your pup. Dogs are the best!

16. priscilla says:

I love your hair color in your most recent picture of Riley.

17. lexi says:

haha, this is a great post! The professional pictures were clearly necessary – such a perfect picture!

xox Lexi
    Glitter & Pearls

18. What a cutie!! We have a special puppy too – Bonnie. She is so indulged we refer to her as our ‘first born’ (and she is going to live FOREVER)!

19. Vanessa says:

I love your dog, looks like my little puppy from when I was 9 🙂 just adorable.

My blog ?My Guilty Little Pleasures