bridal shower weekend

Happy Friday!!!

This weekend is a busy weekend for me! All fun stuff, finally. No more of this school on the weekend thing! At least not for a month or so. There’s the county fair with some friends of mine. Boating with my family. Baking pineapple upside down cake – I’ve been craving it for months! Reading another trashy chick flick on the beach. Clearly my weekend is very busy with very important stuff.

I’m also going to a bridal shower for one of my closest friends! I’ve had a hard time deciding what to get her for the shower…a gravy boat from the registry just doesn’t seem very special. Call me crazy.

So I decided on a big stack of Ina Garten’s Barefoot Contessa cookbooks, a super cute apron, and a homemade card. Her hubby-to-be is going to be very happy with this gift!

On a different note, I finally figured out how to add the Google Friend Connect on the sidebar of my blog! It took me a while…I’m still getting familiar with this HTML stuff. I’d love for you to add me as a friend!

Here’s the card I made. I hope she likes it!

52 Responses to bridal shower weekend

1. Nicole says:

awww! your gift is awesome! I know I would love it! Beautiful job on the card πŸ™‚

2. Nicole Maki says:

Sounds like a wonderful weekend. After all your hard work you deserve a little downtime.

Beautiful card and a very thoughtful gift. I know I’d love that!

Have fun πŸ™‚

Warmly,
    Nicole

3. Morgan says:

beautiful card! πŸ™‚

4. Stephanie @ henry happened says:

That gift rocks – I loved all the cookbooks I received. Very handy since I couldn’t cook a thing. Literally. Not even a boiled egg. πŸ™‚

5. Katie Elizabeth says:

I always have trouble with gifts. I too never feel like the bridal registry gifts are good enough. I know they want these things, but it doesn’t seem appropriate sometimes. BTW that is such a cute card! I’m sure she will love it πŸ™‚

xo katie elizabeth

6. heather j says:

I needed a gift like that when I got married. Your friend will be really grateful to receive your gift. Cute card btw!

Have a great weekend!

7. Whitney // eat sleep cuddle. says:

Aw such a cute card! and good call on the barefoot contessa cookbooks! She’ll love it! πŸ™‚

8. Ana says:

I’m a newbie here what a lovely blog you have!

9. Ana says:

I’m a newbie here, what a lovely blog you have!

10. Brandi {not your average ordinary} says:

The card is so adorably cute! I never know what to do for bridal showers or baby showers. I hope you have a wonderful time this weekend!

11. jess @ balancedlibra10 says:

we have Esp!!! Star, i literally just bought the ingredients for upside down pineapple cake! too funny! I love this birthday car, it would make me cry, if I got something so pretty!
    That is such a great idea I have a wedding in August and I think I will get her cook books with an apron Thanks for the idea!!

xo Jess

12. Tonia says:

She’s gonna love it! What a creative card, using the ribbon for cake layers!

13. Tonia says:

Oh and I’m your newest follower!

14. Erin Lian says:

Beautiful card πŸ™‚ I hope the upside down pineapple cake gets you through your busy weekend! πŸ™‚

15. Katie Elizabeth says:

I gave you an award! Visit http://ohheyylife.blogspot.com/2011/06/i-gots-award.html to find out more πŸ™‚

xo katie elizabeth

16. Priscilla Saravia says:

I love barefoot contessa!! Iwould be so happy with that gift. Your blog is so cute and serene.

17. Natalie says:

Oh my goodness, can I get married again so you can come to my bridal shower? You are such a good friend!

18. Zabdy says:

That card is beautiful! I’m sure she will cherish it πŸ™‚

19. Zabdy says:

That card is beautiful! I’m sure she will cherish it πŸ™‚

littleflapper.blogspot.com

20. jaclyn @ thelateafternoon says:

what a thoughtful bridal shower gift – i would love to receive a stack of ina garten cookbooks any day! i adore your handmade card too!

21. wow, that sounds like such a relaxing weekend πŸ™‚ i am excited for some photos! which book are you reading?

Thanks Madeleine!!! I will post photos soon πŸ™‚ Don’t laugh, but I am reading a book about Bethenny Frankel, a real housewife of NY! Any suggestions?

22. I think there are more hours in your day than everyone elses! You just create and accomplish more than the average person. πŸ™‚

My go-to wedding gift is personalized stationary printed with the bride’s new married name. Like Mrs. William Mountbatten-Windsor.

23. What an incredible fun weekend! And super fun {and popular} blog you have here! Thanks for entering my pillow give-a-way on NYAO. I am your new fan! xo Samantha

24. Such a beautiful card! And you came up with such an amazing bridal shower gift!! Hope you had a wonderful time.

What a fabulous looking card! You did a beautiful job on it and of course I support the handmade part of it:)

26. holly says:

the perfect gift!!! glad the apron gave you some inspo. the ina garden cookbooks was a GREAT idea! thoughtful gift πŸ™‚

27. This is so adorable! I love handmade cards.

28. liz says: