tidbits from san francisco

What a whirlwind of a trip my Mom and I had on Tuesday! I felt like the entire trip was one comedic event after the next. It started with waking up at 4:30 am…

We were not very happy campers.

But we made it to the airport on time and got pumped up about spending the day shopping and eating yummy food and having some much-needed girl time!

We even got over the fact that the Starbucks barista at the airport yelled at my mom and dumped a bunch of coffee grinds in her coffee.

We made it up to San Francisco and to our point of interest: the Indian visa office. My family may or may not be going to India at some point in the next six months, so it was us girls’ job to secure our visas! And who would’ve guessed it was SO much work! I had no idea that India was so picky when it came to giving out tourist visas.

After dropping off our papers, we headed over to Tartine, one of the best bakeries in San Fran! We could tell the second we walked in. There was not a table to be found in the 100 degree, packed restaurant!

Just look at the dessert case.

I wanted to try this cake/meringue/unidentifiable treat so badly! But opted for a double chocolate cookie with walnuts instead.

We poked around the Mission District, Fillmore Street, and ultimately ended up at Union Square (we made it back 5 minutes before the taxi strike began!) and spent the rest of the day shopping. This fox was one of our finds on Fillmore Street. We weren’t quite sure why, but something about a little fox wearing plaid pants like this was too cute to pass up.

I just had to take pictures of these flowers outside Tartine. They were too pretty!

And this pooch parking spot…too cute!

I can’t forget to mention the two-story Williams-Sonoma.

Here’s a picture of me at Anthropologie. My feet hurt! Yes, I’m a wimp…

We shopped until we literally dropped into the plush couches in the Bloomingdale’s women’s lounge where we promptly fell asleep. If you are ever in San Francisco and need a quiet, comfy hangout spot, check the women’s lounge! My mom and I clearly don’t do too well on four hours of sleep.

We got our visas and made it back home late that night. I slept like a rock!

Thank you so, so much for all of your sweet suggestions!!! I wish we could have done all of them – maybe I’ll have to do a longer trip in the future! πŸ™‚

35 Responses to tidbits from san francisco

1. Anne @ Domesblissity says:

Sounds like a lot of fun Star! I felt your pain with getting up early and having those ‘problems’ to deal with. Might’ve been easier to handle if you’d had more sleep. Don’t get me started on bad service especially with the price you pay for a cup of coffee these days! LOL

Glad you got your visas and a good night’s sleep! Love the little fox too.

xx

2. jess @ balancedlibra10 says:

so glad it was a success! what a cute pic of u! I love that Anthropolgie store

What a ruuuude barista!! EW. I am so glad you guys had a good time! LOVE all your pictures..”Pooch Parking” haha too funny!

XO
    Lindsay

4. Nicole says:

Awww. San Francisco………… I love it. One of the greatest cities. You can find a little of just about everything there.

5. Leslie *Fresh Out of Lemons* says:

Haha! This is such a great day trip summary! I love thinking of the two of you zonked out in the women’s lounge, drooling on each other’s shoulders! And you hardly look old enough to be out of high school, much less working on a MBA and headed to law school. The world better watch out for your baby face! πŸ™‚

6. Emily says:

I can’t tell how much your sweet comments on my posts make me smile πŸ™‚

ok, the barista poured the grounds in your mom’s coffee?? this is just crazy.

and those desserts look amazing!

7. Natalie says:

Oh! San Francisco has my heart… I would love to live there.

Glad you had fun shopping, and Tartine is delish. I always make sure I walk a lot when I am in the city so I can indulge as much as I want.

8. Gloria says:

I loooove San Francisco! Your photos make me want to visit again very soon!

9. Sarah Morgan @ Hemenway Street says:

Despite the travel headaches, it sounds like you had a fun trip! I’ve always wanted to go to San Francisco. And oh my –those desserts!

10. Katie Elizabeth says:

Awww I want that pooch parking sign! That is just adorable and so unique.. I’ve never seen anything like that before.

xo katie elizabeth

11. Whitney Johnson // eat sleep and cuddle. says:

san francisco is so fun! and i loooove visiting the williams sonoma up there! such an awesome place πŸ™‚

12. Morgan says:

new follower!!!! i love the picture of all the desserts! yummy πŸ™‚

13. Deila says:

oh, anthropologie, my fav. even if I can only afford the sales! thx for the tip on where to sleep — can’t believe you were able to fall asleep there.

14. heather j says:

Wow, what a day/trip! No doubt you were tired. πŸ™‚ I love San Fran!

15. mary says:

yuuum, those desserts look amazine! glad to hear you had a great time with you mom! xo

16. Courtney says:

Aww makes me miss home already!
    You have to visit SF during Christmas cause that Williams-Sonoma ALWAYS gives out free samples of peppermint bark & apple cider. Once in a while they give out fresh brownies too πŸ™‚

17. Valerie @ Chateau a La Mode says:

Wow, that was quite the trip, I’ve been to that Anthropologie before. You look too cute in that chair. Glad you had fun making memories with your mom.

18. Sally @ ourdreamlives says:

Ooooh looks like such a fun trip! Those cakes look absolutely amazing. I’m v envious, San Fransisco is one of the places in the US I’d most like to visit πŸ™‚

19. Jenna says:

I have to say that that pastry counter had me at Hello! I LOVEEE cakes and sweets. So cute and so yummy in my tummy!

As always Thank you for the sweet blog visit you have the sweetest comments! Happy Friday!

20. Tonia says:

Yay! You got your visa! Sound like you have fun in spite of the snags.

21. Stephanie @ henry happened says:

I’ve heard of Tartine – aren’t they the famous bread people? How fun- that dessert looks beyond delicious! All of your stops look pretty cool – hello WS mecca! Loving that you slept in Bloomingdales πŸ™‚

22. sherri lynn says:

What a fun day!! I had a one-day trip to San Fran once and LOVED it! I only wish I had gone to the two-story Williams Sonoma. I could LIVE in that store!

23. holly says:

shopping all day in SF is exhausting!!! great tihng you hit up tartine and i cant wait to hear about this trip to india!!

24. jaclyn @ thelateafternoon says:

tartine is amazing, isn’t it? the line is always a bit long, but so worth it! sounds like you had a whirlwind of a trip!

2-story Williams-Sonoma = heaven!
    My mom & sister took a weekend trip to San Francisco a couple months ago & got The Munchkin a giraffe at the same place you got your fox!

26. Erin Lian says:

Looks like such a lovely trip!! Sorry about the trouble at the start but the dessert selection seemed to make up for it! :d

27. Noe @ ADELLA AVENUE says:

Your trip sounds like so much fun. Nothing like hitting the ground running and shopping/eating your heart out… especially in San Francisco. Lovin’ it!

xx Noe ADELLA AVENUE

Thanks so much for visiting my blog Noe! There is nothing like shopping and eating your heart out, I completely agree πŸ™‚ Off to visit your blog now!! Thanks again!

28. Jenni says: