dorkiness…and a trip to san francisco

I hope you had a happy Father’s Day weekend! We had a perfect day with family, VGs donuts, and Phil’s Barbecue.

Here’s my brother and me on the boat.

Realizing that I’m a major dork, I tried to make up for it with the cool kid “pout.” This is the hip/trendy/cool thing to do when you take pictures. Not that I’d know, as it’s clearly just a little bit awkward on this girl. So glamorous, right? Not at all dorky.

Tomorrow my lovely mom and I are taking a day trip up north to San Francisco! We have a little bit of business to take care of, but the rest of the day should be breakfast at Mama’s, lots of antique shopping, and lots of pictures. I’m most excited for the two-story Williams Sonoma in Union Square. I start hyperventilating just thinking about it!

Any suggestions for our ten hours in San Francisco?

Image taken from Pinterest.

22 Responses to dorkiness…and a trip to san francisco

1. priscilla says:

your blog is so cute, I love that you mention your brother and put him on the blog.

2. Justine @ Urban Scarlet says:

yum, phil’s bbq! i’ve heard lots of good things about VG donuts… what’s your take!?

oh, and san fran… lucky you 🙂 if you get a chance, a nice quick meal at brenda’s would be nice. it’s a small restaurant, but it has some delicious food!

3. Grace@bradford road says:

I share your love for good ol Williams Sonoma!!!! xo

4. Amy - Pride of Place says:

Have fun, I was there a few years ago and it was lovely. Lucky you catching some sun. The weather in Ireland is rain, rain and more rain just now!

5. Jenna says:

Love the brotherly love! So cute. My brother and I are besties too! Have fun on ur trip!

6. Anne @ Domesblissity says:

Oh Star! You’re not dorky at all!!! You and your brother are so cute. Happy that you had a nice Father’s Day with your Dad. Enjoy SF and please let us know what bargains you find.

Anne @ Domesblissity

7. jaclyn @ thelateafternoon says:

you are definitely visiting SF at the right time – its gorgeous and sunny here now! i recommend a visit to bi-rite creamery and tartine if you’re in the mission district – delicioussss food 🙂 you and your brother are so cute!

You are just adorable!!! I love your tan 😉 A two story Williams Sonoma?! Oh so jealous! Have a blast on your trip!! Cant wait to see the pictures

Did you already go? If not, Union Sq is amazing! So is the Marina. You will have a blast & its been gorgeous up here!

I loved Union Square!!! Spent most of the day there. And the weather was crazy warm! I think it was in the 80s! Thanks so much for your comment!

10. sarah tucker says:

Enjoy! love being a bit dorky every now and then … okok everyday ( ;

11. jess @ balancedlibra10 says:

Have fun! I have been many a time, you will love it there! heres a few ideas,
    Food:
    Cliff House for Breakfast/brunch (u have to drive to it)
    lunch @ Peir 39 and Buena Vista in Fisherman’s Warf.
    Kuleto’s for dinner (cable car it)
    Top of the Mark @ the Mark Hopkins Hotel for cocktails (and the best view in the city)
    *Buena Vista in Ghiradelli for Irish coffee (lunch 2 blocks down is the Pier 39) and open fish market.
    have fun, such a cool place!
    China town is also cool, near Union Square… Very hilly. and always cold!

Ideas:
    Not sure where you are staying but, you can take the Cable car from Union Square to Ghiradelli Square and the Fisherman’s Warf,
    Also make sure u go to the top of Lumbard St. in Nob Hill to get a view of the Alcatraz, then drive down the famous crooked St.

Shopping:
    Powel St. has great shops (where the cable cars start there is a mall w/ a 5 story Nordstrom) and all along the Warf it is very touristy with souvenir shops.

12. melissa says:

Aren’t you just adorable! 🙂 Go to Alcatraz if you can! and for sure do the audio tour. its so amazing!

13. mary @ for a life inspired says:

cracking me up with the pout, I’ve definitely tried to do it too! love these photos- looks like a great time!

14. Alena (Oh, It's Just Pefect!) says:

Love the pictures 🙂 A day in San Fran sounds amazing – I haven’t been yet, but I’m dying to go!

I love that your “pre-tan” or “mid-tan” pictures are what I look like at the end of the summer! Glad you had so much fun!

16. Laura *You Stir Me* says:

um, it’s totally cool to be as dorky as possible, especially when you’re with family relaxing on a gorgeous day:) I’m also the same way with the sun – I feel like I’m never actually tan until September!