beaded gift tags

Happy Friday! I don’t know about you girls, but I am so looking forward to slightly warmer weather now that it’s (almost) officially summer! I’m so excited to get rid of my sports bra tanline. Don’t worry, it’s not from exercise! I have a much better excuse – it’s from the day I spent painting my hopeless romantic sign!

I saw this idea for beaded Christmas ornaments years ago in Martha Stewart’s magazine and have been making them as gift tags ever since. They’re cute as Christmas ornaments, but so special as gift tags to be tied on top of a brightly wrapped birthday present! I hang all of my extra letters on my bulletin board.

To make them, all you need to do is bead tiny glass beads on some pliable wire, and bend the wire into the letter or word you want! Make sure to seal the ends off well with pliers. I hope you like them!

It’s much harder to make words than you’d expect! This was my third try – the trick is finding words without ‘a’ or ‘i’ – I couldn’t figure out how to bend the wire into those letters!

I just love these colored beads. So much fun!

These are for my Dad for Father’s Day…I know he’ll love such a manly gift 😉

14 Responses to beaded gift tags

1. Sally @ ourdreamlives says:

super cute idea!! I absolutely love being a bit creative/extravagant when it comes to present wrapping 🙂

2. jess @ balancedlibra10 says:

this is so cool, I have an E I bought at Joanns its is in Pearls for my daughter’s name, So creative Star*!
    You will be the most beautiful Lawyer I know!

Haha!! You always make me laugh..I love how you have a sports bra tan line..but not from exercising..

This is adorable!! This would be a great gift to give to give a Momma at a baby shower..but with the baby’s name to hang in the nursery!

4. Erin Lian says:

Beautiful, as always 🙂 I don’t think your Dad will mind 😛

I bet these look fantastically cute on top of a package! I have a bag of those small beads from my teenage days and now I know exactly what to do with them:)

6. Anne @ Domesblissity says:

That’s so cute Star! Wish I had some beads (I’m sure there’s some around here somewhere) to add to my sister’s present. I’ll get onto it.

7. Jesse {GoodGirlGoneGlad} says:

I think they are cute! I love the white ones.

8. Madeleine Sophie says:

i am always looking for new ideas how to do cool gift accessories! that is so cool! thanks for the inspiration 🙂
    die melange

9. Brandi {not your average ordinary} says:

There are absolutely beautiful! I’ve never seen anything like them before but I think people would just be wild over them. Something this thoughtful really makes a package special.

You are so sweet Brandi! Thank you! I love packaging little gifts with special knickknacks like this. I really appreciate your comment!

10. Alena (Oh, It's Just Pefect!) says:

So sweet! The white ones would be so pretty for a wedding.

11. Star says:

Thank you all so so much for your sweet comments!!!! They make me so happy! 🙂

12. Pingback: Wire + Beads = Custom Gift Tag or Ornament « Hey! I Can Do That!