chocolate dipped marshmallows

My cousin, aka the cutest baby in the world, is turning one this week! And she is one lucky girl to have the cutest butterfly birthday bash in the world, organized and planned to perfection by her lovely mom, my amazing aunt!

As a treat for the party, I spent the entire day yesterday – 8 hours straight – standing in the kitchen, dipping dozens of marshmallows in dark chocolate, white chocolate, pink chocolate, butterfly sprinkles, and decorations galore! It definitely trumps the mounds of homework I have to do before my weekend class tonight.

I thought I’d share the pictures from the marshmallow dipping – they make such cute party favors and eye candy on the dessert table!

Aren’t these cute? Be warned though – individually wrapping each marshmallow stick is VERY time-consuming!

Lots of sprinkles and decorations.

More sprinkles.

Here’s my kitchen, pre-dipping.

Lots of marshmallows!

These are three jumbo marshmallows on lollypop sticks, dipped in dark chocolate with rainbow sprinkles!

Here is a close-up. So good!

I also dipped them in pink and white chocolate too! The white with rainbow sprinkles are my favorite.

Lots of pink!

Love these! The all white ones have little frosting flowers on top.

These are five miniature marshmallows on a lollypop stick. I like this marshmallow to chocolate ratio more than the jumbo marshmallows – it’s a little bit less overwhelming to eat in one sitting!

I love these miniature marshmallows!

Miniature marshmallows with chocolate sprinkles – yum!

47 Responses to chocolate dipped marshmallows

You are the beat niece ever!!! How sweet of you to help! Happy one year Birthday to your baby cousin! Max is turning one in exactly one month and I am the worst party planner ever!! I am doing a carnival theme and still haven’t even got invitations ahhh!! If you have any ideas I would LOVE to hear πŸ™‚

Thanks so much Lindsay!! How exciting about Max’s first birthday – a carnival theme is SUCH a cute idea! He is such a cute little guy! I’ll give it some thought, I love party planning! πŸ™‚

These look so pretty & fun! Great colors!

3. Tiffani@tharker.blogspot.com`q says:

You are on nice cousin!! These are so darling and look super yummy!

4. Anne @ Domesblissity says:

Oh Star! You’ve really outdone yourself this time. They are sooooo cute and pretty! Your house looks so nice with the white and pink. I saw an idea recently about doing something similar (I think it might’ve been on “1825” blog) about dipping a marshmallow in chocolate, wrapping and adding a line from “Twas the Night Before Christmas” which was “…sugar plums dance in their head”. I had it bookmarked to do this Christmas for my daughter’s school friends. (They get so much candy from other kids, I’m still in two minds.) Love yours though!

Anne @ Domesblissity

5. Jen @ Darling Notes says:

These look so, so lovely! Everyone will love them, I’m sure!

6. Genevieve Holder says:

Star! You really are the best cousin and niece!!! You truly did outdo yourself! This far exceeds anything I ever imagined! They are going to be such a huge hit! THANK YOU!!!!!

7. Madeleine Sophie says:

wow, that looks like a lot of sugar… but so delicious! πŸ™‚
    die melange

8. Sally @ ourdreamlives says:

Oh my goodness these are sooo fun! What an adorable idea for a birthday party πŸ™‚

9. Angel @ | 77inspire | says:

OMG Star…. are you for real? seriously too too too cute. I imagine wrapping all those is time consuming like you said but it’s worth it. this would be fab for a party.

10. jaclyn @ thelateafternoon says:

WOW! these chocolate dipped marshmallows are so adorable – i love the sprinkles and the pink flower details! i can’t believe you spent 8 hours dipping and wrapping each one – that’s one lucky 1 year old!!

Very cute! I don’t think I’ve ever seen multiple marshmallows on a stick before… Most parties I’ve seen do just one, with the stick side up. But I think that this is cuter!

12. ashley says:

ahhh these are SO cute!! your little cousin is lucky to have you πŸ™‚

xo.ashley

13. calikatrina.blogspot.com says:

Holy yum!! And so so pretty! You are amazing. πŸ™‚

14. Gloria says:

the rainbow sprinkled ones are so festive πŸ™‚ i’m sure your little cousin was absolutely thrilled! yum!

15. april says:

ummm how did you know these are my favorite? hahaha
    these look so pretty and yummy..great job girl!

16. Jami says:

Those are amazing. All the colors and the way you took the pictures, so sweet!

17. Anne @ Domesblissity says:

Hi Star

Thanks for all your lovely comments on my blog. I’m sure you’d have no worries pulling off the beef satay and coconut rice. A girl of your talent!

You know, I handed an ice cream to my daughter and she said “good job Mum”. Made it all worthwhile. I grinned all night.

Have a lovely week Star!

18. Jenna says:

OMG this looks so beautiful. I love everything. What a simple perfect idea.

19. sherri lynn says:

Wow these are amazing! No wonder it took you 8 hours! You have patience πŸ™‚

20. Valerie @ Chateau A la Mode says:

I love the idea and they came out so pretty and look like they would taste super good. Love marshmallow and chocolate together. My favorite are the all white with the little frosting flowers on top. So pretty.

21. Brenda @ a farmgirl's dabbles says:

Very, very fun!! Dipped marshmallows are my daughter’s favorite treat at the Minnesota State Fair – and these are way more adorable!

22. Pingback: Mingle Monday Loves {6-13-11} | Add a Pinch

23. lexi says:

WOW – that had to take serious dedication!! So sweet!

xox Lexi
    Glitter & Pearls

24. Star says:

Thank you all so so much for such sweet comments!!! I’m so happy to get such great feedback from you – it means the world to me!! I can’t tell you how much I appreciate it!
    Lots of love,
    Star

25. Oh, It's Just Perfect! says:

These are too pretty to eat!! Oh my gosh. I can’t even imagine how much work went into these beauties!!

26. Justine @ Urban Scarlet says:

omg! this looks so festive & fun… love the little variations and decor you used on each of em.. i must try πŸ™‚

27. Amy - Pride of Place says:

These look so professional and pretty – I would have lost patience half way through!

28. Laura *You Stir Me* says:

these are such a great idea! I love the s’more ones I’ve been seeing around pinterest – I might have to make some for a little spin on the traditional snack. I can’t believe you spend 8 hours in the kitchen making these – go you, lady! They look perfect!

29. Colleen / Inspired to Share says:

Kind of freaking out at how pretty these are….!

30. jessica kujawa @ www.balancedlibra10.blogspot.com says:

These look amazing, so sweet of you to make all of these!

31. Tonia says:

Delicious! I turned some dipped marshmallows into snowman on a stick last Christmas!

32. Melanie says:

These are a great idea. Easier but just as cute as cake pops!

33. Star says:

You are all soooo so sweet giving me such great feedback! Thank you so much!

34. Elena (running in heels after child) says:

Those are so cute and easy to make- so fun for a kids party.

35. Emmy Rho says:

Oh wow. I don’t even know what to say except amazing! These look SOO good, I NEED to make them for the next party I go to! Especially love the sprinkles…

-Emmy

36. jamielyn says:

LOVE these! They look so cute and so yummy!

xoxo-
    Jamielyn
    I ♥ Nap Time

37. Jean says:

Completely agree re the chocolate to marshmallow ratio, in favor of the the smaller sized marshmallows… Beautiful work, Star! Wow. πŸ™‚