grilled shrimp with mango salsa

After rock climbing yesterday with my two brothers, my arms are incapable of doing anything productive today…they feel like lead. So because I can barely use my arms today, I gave up on doing anything productive, instead looking through Oprah.com recipes outside in the sun.

I’ve been hoarding Oprah recipes for the past 5+ years in a folder on my computer, and when cleaning them out this weekend I came across the most amazing shrimp recipe! I’ve had this recipe saved since 2006 – so worth the extra space on my computer!

Grilled Shrimp with Mango Salsa

Adapted from Oprah.com

Ingredients
For the salsa:
2 large mangoes, peeled and chopped into salsa-size pieces
1/4 cup of red onion, minced
1/4 cup of cilantro leaves, chopped
1 teaspoon of ginger, minced
3 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lime juice
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/4 teaspoon of pepper

For the shrimp:
1 1/2 pounds of large shrimp (I used pre-cooked tiger shrimp)
4 tablespoons of soy sauce
4 tablespoons of orange juice
2 tablespoons of olive oil

1. For the salsa, mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Refrigerate until serving.

2. For the shrimp, place shrimp on a tray and cover with 2 tablespoons of soy sauce and 2 tablespoons of orange juice. Let marinate for about 10 minutes.

3. Place marinated shrimp in the saucepan with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add 2 more tablespoons of orange juice and soy sauce. Cook for about 8 minutes, flipping when necessary.

4. Serve with mango salsa! Enjoy!

24 Responses to grilled shrimp with mango salsa

1. Mom says:

I was lucky enough to eat these yummy shrimp for lunch and they were delish! I can’t believe how easy they were to make considering how great they tasted! Please make more recipes like this for us soon. 🙂

2. Anne @ Domesblissity says:

Hi Star! So nice of you to stop by my blog and comment. That was really nice what you said. I love thick hearty soups and with the addition of beans, it really fills you up.

Funny that we’re experiencing different seasons. All my favourite overseas blogs are posting summer recipes and here downunder, it’s all thick soups, stews, pies and lots of baking. I’ll have to save them for the warmer months!

Nice to meet you!

Anne @ Domesblissity

3. holly says:

this looks amazing and i dont even eat shrimp!
    and i didnt know oprah.com had recipes. good to know.

4. Justine @ Urban Scarlet says:

mango salsa is my weakness! i’ve been meaning to make it from scratch, but now i’m determined. oh, and grilled shrimp? WHAT A PERFECT MATCH! drool overload.

Oh good!!! It’s so easy to make too – I love those recipes where you just throw it all in a bowl! Thanks so much for stopping by!

5. Tiffani@ The Days of My Life says:

Hi Star! Thanks so much for all of the sweet comments on my blog! It’s so nice to “meet” you!!

Oh my, this meal looks so delicious, I kind of want to reach right through my screen and take a bite! Especially the mango salsa…I’m a sucker for the stuff!

6. jaclyn @ thelateafternoon says:

i know that feeling of lead arms after rock climbing – my bf and i used to attempt rock climbing and my arms would be sore for days! looking at recipes sounds like the perfect way to recover – the grilled shrimp looks delicious too!

7. Jess McCann Nana says:

Amazing! I am going to make this for dinner tonight 🙂 what a perfect and simple meal for a hot summer day

8. Melissa says:

Star, you have to try this recipe! http://www.gumbopages.com/food/seafood/bbq-shrimp.html

I’m warning you it’s absolutely not healthy, but 100% delicious!
    You can sub any ingredients!
    Enjoy!

9. Jenna says:

This looks amazing! I have been craving shrimp a lot lately. I love it with a little spicy kick to it!

Thanks for the blog visit

This recipe has just the right amount of spice! If you want more, I’d recommend adding a little bit of red pepper flakes once they’re done grilling. Thanks so much for visiting!!! I love your site!

10. Leslie *Fresh Out of Lemons* says:

Joey is allergic to the peel of mango; his lips swell and crack. However! He’s never had a problem with the actual fruit. I’m pinning this recipe. 🙂

11. Sally @ ourdreamlives says:

Oh my goodness, shrimp and mango are two of my absolute favourite things, this looks insanely delicious, I will have to give it a go… and your photos are gorgeous!!
    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog, nice to discover yours! 🙂

12. Gloria says:

oooh i just bought a bag of mangoes – what perfect timing!

13. Sally @ ourdreamlives says:

Shrimp and mango are two of my absolute favourite things, must try this!!
    Your photos are super gorgeous 🙂

14. Heather J @ olive & a says:

Oh my! Is it okay that I’m drooling because that looks/sounds SO good? Thanks for sharing the recipe. It’s definitely on my must make list.

15. Lindsay @ Delighted Momma says:

Mangoes and shrimp?!! Yes please!! These are two of my favorite things..so together yummy! I love love how you always have gorgeous flowers in your pictures. It is your signature touch!

Aw thanks Lindsay! I always laugh about the flowers…they make everything look so much better! At least until I’m a better photographer like you! 🙂

16. Viv @ The Eclectic Life says:

I am SUCH a fan of fruit as an integral part of an entree. This looks absolutely delicious! Have you tried the marinated salmon recipe with mango kiwi relish from Cooking Light? It’s to die for good!

I haven’t tried that!! It sounds amazing though – kiwi is one of my favorite fruits! I’ll have to look for that – thanks so much for the recommendation! And for stopping by my blog! 🙂