chocolate-dipped macaroons

Last month, while I was drooling over Reese Witherspoon’s pink wedding dress in her exclusive article in People magazine, I came across a recipe for homemade macaroons by…who would have thought…one of my favorite women from the Real Housewives of New York City, Jill Zarin!

As a former devoted Real Housewives fan (until I started taking night classes), I knew I HAD to try this recipe. Especially when I saw how easy the recipe is, and that it only has six ingredients. They taste incredible!

Chocolate-Dipped Macaroons

Adapted from Jill Zarin

Makes 30 macaroons.

Ingredients
2 14-ounce bags of sweetened, flaked coconut
1 14-ounce can of sweetened condensed milk
2 tablespoons of sour cream
1 tablespoon of heavy cream
1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
1 12-ounce bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

2. Mix coconut, sweetened condensed milk, sour cream, heavy cream, and vanilla extract.

3. Scoop small spoonfuls of coconut mixture (I’d recommend using your hands) and press the mixture firmly together so that it doesn’t break apart after baking. Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.

4. Bake for 22 to 24 minutes. Let cool.

5. Double boil semi-sweet chocolate chips until melted. Dip macaroons into the melted chocolate, and let cool. Enjoy!

16 Responses to chocolate-dipped macaroons

Okay even though I am a Bethanny fan I still heart you!! These look beyond delicious! I want to eat one right now!

Delighted Momma

2. Twilight says:

It looks like I left too soon this afternoon, yum!!

Btw, it’s all about Real Housewives of Beverly Hills..

3. Leslie *Fresh Out of Lemons* says:

Pinning!

We don’t get Bravo anymore, but RHONY was always my favorite. I just hate that Jill and Bethanny hate each other now. They were so close, and I hope that they’ll reconcile one day.

4. Angel @ | 77inspire | says:

omg that looks… sooo good i could eat all of them sitting in front of the tv. well maybe eat like 5 first… take a 30 min break and then eat more. I miss watching RHONY. I havent seen it in a long time.

5. ashley says:

love the real housewives, but i have to say, i’m pretty hooked on bethenny’s show. these look delicious! and how pretty is your kitchen?? beautiful flowers.

thanks so much for stopping by my blog! looks like your twitter etc. is coming soon, but i’ll be following once it’s up and running!

xo.ashley

6. jaclyn @ thelateafternoon says:

these look delicious – anything chocolate dipped is fabulous to me! the macaroons look so perfectly toasted -yumm!

7. Justine @ Urban Scarlet says:

drooool — i haven’t made these macaroons in so long now i am so tempted! just what i needed 😉

8. Nicole Maki says:

Oh. My. Gosh! I love macaroons but never even thought to look into making them myself (and I’m bake-y/crafty). Those look AMAZING and I think I have everything in the house to make them. SCORE!!!

Never watched RHONY… but I hear a lot about it.

P.S. Not to be overly forward, but you have your profile set to not link to your email so it takes a bit of effort to respond when you comment on my blog (and everyone else’s). If you link your email to your profile people can reply to your comments easier. FWIW, I’ve had mine set that way for two years and I don’t get spammed.

9. Pingback: Chocolate-Dipped Macaroons | everything in between

10. Marisa says:

Man oh man do these ever look good! I love coconut anything. And only 6 ingredients? I think I’m definitely going to have to give these a try!

11. Gloria says:

Delicious macaroons with a Real Housewives tie-in? I must make these this weekend!

12. Miss Neira says:

Mmm looks so yummy!! I ADORE macaroons

xoxo
    Miss Neira

13. Tonia says:

These look great and I especially love that last picture! You know me and chocolate 🙂

14. Jean says:

Macaroons are one of my favorit ‘slightly sweet’ treats (kind of like Pfeffernüsse or shortbread cookies), so I would be perfectly happy after step four. YUM! Can’t wait to try making them.

15. Star says:

Thanks so so much for all your nice comments!!! I’m glad you like this recipe – it’s one of my favorite finds! I really appreciate you stopping by my blog and commenting – I can’t tell you how happy it makes me! 🙂

My sister-in-law will fall in love with this recipe! She is a HUGE macaroon fan. I’m running over to share with her now:)