tiny matchboxes

It’s finals week. Seven of the nine classes down, two to go. Never mind that they’re the hardest finals I have yet – but they are clearly a lower priority than 1) catching up on all of my TV for the week, 2) reorganizing my sock drawer, 3) exercising (if you saw a girl singing – and occasionally dancing to – the Glee cover of Rebecca Black’s “Friday” while running on the beach, that was me), and 4) following through on a crafty little dream I had the other day to decorate tiny matchboxes with cute paper, ribbon, mini rosettes and any other girly things I can get my hands on. Then, print tiny notes to put inside of them, or fill them with candy, earrings and gifts.

These are worth failing my finals for!

14 Responses to tiny matchboxes

1. Leslie *Fresh Out of Lemons* says:

So cute!

Another fun project is to make oragami boxes. These are the instructions that I follow–

You can use pretty paper, or I like to use magazine pages. When you get the hang of folding, you can do it so that a specific image in the lid “cover.”

🙂
    Leslie

You are taking nine classes?!!…and still have time to put up awesome posts on your blog? Impressive!
    How cute these little personalized boxes are!
     Delighted Momma

3. Angel @ | 77inspire | says:

You take sooo many classes! Almost done…Almost summer 🙂

lol im sure you didnt fail your finals but yeah these match boxes are so cute

4. Genevieve Holder says:

These are soooo cute! Where do you come up with these ideas?? I may need to enlist you to do something cute for a special little lady’s first birthday! 🙂

Super cute! Besides, sometimes a little procrastination & distraction can do a grad student’s burned-out brain good!

Make Myself at Home

6. Star says:

Oh I love the idea of the origami boxes, I’ll have to try those! Thanks, Leslie, for sharing the link! And thank you all so, so much for the comments – I can’t tell you how happy they make me!

7. lexi says:

These are so incredibly sweet! I love this idea!

xox Lexi
    Glitter & Pearls

8. Natalie says:

I cannot believe that you took 9 classes this semester. You are a rockstar!

Oh, remind me to tell you about this fashion bloggers meetup at Anthropolgie in June… I was thinking you might want to come!

9. Nicole Maki says:

Good luck with finals this week.

Your matchboxes are GORGEOUS!!!!

10. Tonia says:

These matchboxes are adorable!!! I love the idea and the little notes inside. Thanks for stopping by my site!

11. Erin Lian says:

These are beautiful!! Oh my goodness I totally am in love and want to make one for everyone. BTW I admire your procrastination 😛

12. Jean says: